Dear CFCA Family:
Congratulations are in order for our class of 2013. For the 4th consecutive year, our seniors have accrued more than $1 million in scholarships, an average of more than $56,000 per senior. Excellent work by every student, faculty, and family.
During the last five months, the CFCA School Committee, Mr. Ed Gamble, and I have done an extensive nationwide search for a new Headmaster. The search included the review of more than sixty resumes and interviews by Mr. Gamble and the School Committee. I have personally interviewed ten candidates. Through the process, God has not given our team confirmation about any of the candidates. We determined that we would listen carefully to God’s guidance and not move quickly. To simply call a new Headmaster because the position needs to be filled is not in the best interest of the school and our community. We have exhausted all efforts and while we continue to search, we need to move forward for the 2013-2014 school year.
I have met with the CFCA administrative team, CFCA School Committee, and Mr. Ed Gamble. We have determined that God is leading me to assume the role of President of Central Florida Christian Academy. The role of President will be to preside over all functions of CFCA. The CFCA leadership team will continue with Mrs. Pam Theobald, Mrs. Julie Montiel, and Mr. Monty Vann remaining in their positions and serving as the executive leadership team of the school. Our team desires for CFCA to achieve excellence and continue building upon the CFCA 2015 plan. Here are a few of the initiatives we will move towards during the 2013-2014 school year.
- The presence of Kevin Adams as Campus Chaplain and Ed Newton as Staff Evangelist on our campus will continue to develop students in a biblical worldview.
- A new Customer Service initiative that deepens our commitment to partnering with parents and strengthens the synergy between parents and school.
- CFCA is hiring consultants dedicated to adding value to the instructional quality of our faculty in lower and upper schools.
- Technology on campus with the addition of Mimio boards in selected classrooms.
- Continuing our core value of an affordable education for every family who seeks Kingdom Education while strengthening the school’s financial stability.
Advancement and Growth
- The addition of a second football/soccer field for practice.
- Greater involvement of our school committee and parents in ownership of the school ministry.
Through these 7 initiatives, CFCA will elevate our school built on Spiritual Integrity and Academic Excellence. If you desire to read the entire document of the CFCA 2015 plan, please visit the school website at www.cfcaeagles.org and click on Advancement/CFCA-2015.
Our 41st year could be one of our greatest ever! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or the leadership team at any time. I look forward to serving each of you and partnering with you to Educate, Inspire, and Equip your children to know and serve Jesus.
Dr. Clayton Cloer
President , Central Florida Christian Academy
Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Central Florida